Amber R. Balk, Ph.D. is a transpersonal educator, researcher, and independent consultant who specializes in dreamwork, astrology, and expanded states of consciousness.
With Native American motherline roots of the indigenous peoples of what is now known as the American Southeast– the Mighty Mississippi River Valley and Her ancient moundbuilding cultures– and a fatherline blend of English, Irish, and Welsh– Celtic tree-lovers & courageous rogues willing to take big chances on new ways of life, Amber carries forth an innate love and respect for the forces of nature and cosmic cycles combined with an adventurous spirit of innovation. Merging the old ways with new creative contemporary adaptations can make psychospiritual practice fresh, enlivened, and exciting!
Amber provides transpersonal & psychospiritual support in the following contexts:
- private sessions for psychospiritual exploration and development
- online courses
- other psychospiritual development opportunities
- Transpersonal Community Action training
- Transpersonal Excursions to Sacred Sites
- Dreamwork Circles
- Moon Circles
- Seasonal Gatherings to Honor Earth Rhythms
- Rite of Passage Rituals
A graduate of the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (now Sofia University) in Palo Alto, California, she holds the following degrees:
- Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology (ITP)
- Dissertation: Doing Death Differently: An Integrative-Holotropic Community Action Project
- MA in Women’s Spirituality (ITP)
- Thesis: Claiming Voice & Visibility from the In-Between: Contemporary Native North American Women & Displacement
- BA in Psychology (Univ. of Central Oklahoma)
Amber’s personal path is one that veered away from mainstream psychological approaches toward more radical applied transpersonal & feminist approaches that are geared toward everyday transformative living and social change.
Primary topics of interest include:
- dreamwork for communal wellness
- synchronicity as spiritual practice
- transformational potential of liminal space (especially birth and death)
- importance of ritual in psychospiritual well-being
- applied Grofian transpersonal theory
- intersections between personal aspects of psychospiritual well-being with environmental activism
- a wide range of consciousness studies
Amber’s longstanding history with social change and innovative group approaches and methodologies yield a professional attitude rooted in compassionate service, collaborative spirit, creative inspiration, and grounded practicality.
More recently, Amber has deepened her studies of archetypal and evolutionary astrology, which have increasingly become a focal point in one-on-one Transpersonal Sessions, especially in conjunction with dreamwork.
For further information regarding availability for events, speaking engagements, or other services, contact Amber at email@example.com.
Also, you can visit:
Message from Amber:
“Years of holding sacred space for others combined with 20+ years of training and experience practicing deeply empathetic reflective listening, unconditional positive regard, and mindful presence coalesce to offer my clients a nurturing place to heal, explore, and grow.
I hold myself to high standards for my own continued growth and development and actively engage in constant continued education. I am a perpetual student, always seeking new ways to improve what I can offer to my clients and projects.
If you are curious about exploring the transpersonal dimensions of your life, contact me for a free consultation!”