Amber R. Balk, Ph.D. is a Native American feminist, transpersonal psychologist, researcher, writer, and consultant specializing in dreamwork, astrology, spiritual practice, and expanded states of consciousness.
With Native American (Choctaw/Mississippian) motherline roots embedded within what is now known as the American Southeast– the Mighty Mississippi River Valley and Her ancient mound-building cultures– and a fatherline blend of English, Irish, and Welsh– Celtic tree-lovers & courageous rogues willing to take big chances on new ways of life, I carry forth an innate love and respect for the forces of nature and cosmic cycles combined with an innovative adventurous spirit geared towards alternative approaches.
Amber provides transpersonal & psychospiritual support in the following contexts:
- private sessions for psychospiritual exploration and development
- online courses
- other psychospiritual development opportunities
- Transpersonal Community Action
- Transpersonal Excursions to Sacred Sites
- Dreamwork Circles
- Lunar Attunement
- Seasonal Gatherings to Honor Earth Rhythms
- Rite of Passage Rituals
A graduate of the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (ITP, now Sofia University) in Palo Alto, California, she holds the following degrees:
- Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology (ITP)
- Dissertation: Doing Death Differently: An Integrative-Holotropic Community Action Project
- MA in Women’s Spirituality (ITP)
- Thesis: Claiming Voice & Visibility from the In-Between: Contemporary Native North American Women & Displacement
- BA in Psychology (Univ. of Central Oklahoma)
Amber’s personal path is one that veered away from mainstream psychological approaches toward more radical applied transpersonal & feminist approaches that are geared toward everyday transformative living and social change.
Primary topics of interest include:
- dreamwork for communal wellness
- synchronicity as spiritual practice
- transformational potential of liminal space (especially birth and death)
- importance of ritual in psychospiritual well-being
- applied Grofian transpersonal theory
- intersections between personal aspects of psychospiritual well-being with environmental activism
- a wide range of consciousness studies
Amber’s longstanding history with social change and innovative group approaches and methodologies yield a professional attitude rooted in compassionate service, collaborative spirit, creative inspiration, and grounded practicality.
More recently, Amber has deepened her studies of archetypal and evolutionary astrology, which have increasingly become a focal point in one-on-one Transpersonal Sessions, especially in conjunction with dreamwork.
For further information regarding availability for events, speaking engagements, or other services, contact Amber at email@example.com.
Also, you can visit:
“Years of holding sacred space for others combined with 20+ years of training in psychospiritual techniques, indigenous ceremonial apprenticing, and professional experience practicing deeply empathetic reflective listening, unconditional positive regard, and mindful presence coalesce to offer my clients a nurturing place to heal, explore, and grow.
I hold myself to high standards for my own continued growth and development and actively engage in constant continued education. I am a perpetual student, always seeking new ways to improve what I can offer to my clients and projects.
If you are curious about exploring the transpersonal dimensions of your life, contact me for a free consultation.”