Amber R. Balk, Ph.D. is a Native American feminist, transpersonal psychologist, ceremonial leader, writer, and spiritual consultant specializing in dreamwork, astrology, psychospiritual practice, and expanded states of consciousness.
Amber provides transpersonal & psychospiritual support in the following contexts:
- Individual Online Sessions
- Workshops & Retreats
- Online Courses
- Excursions to Sacred Sites
- Dreamwork Classes
- Integration Post-Expanded States of Consciousness
- Transpersonal Community Action Training
- Lunar Attunement
- Seasonal Gatherings to Honor Earth Rhythms
- Rite of Passage Rituals
A graduate of the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (ITP, now Sofia University) in Palo Alto, California, she holds the following degrees:
- Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology (ITP)
- MA in Women’s Spirituality (ITP)
- BA in Psychology (Univ. of Central Oklahoma)
Amber’s personal path is one that veered away from mainstream psychological approaches toward more radical applied transpersonal & feminist approaches that are geared toward everyday transformative living and social change.
Primary topics of interest include:
- dreamwork for communal wellness
- synchronicity as spiritual practice
- transformational potential of liminal space (especially birth and death)
- reclamation of indigenous ways of being; decolonization
- ancestral wisdom
- importance of ritual in psychospiritual well-being
- applied Grofian transpersonal theory
- intersections between psychospiritual well-being and environmental activism
- a wide range of consciousness studies
Amber’s longstanding history with social change and innovative group approaches and methodologies yield a professional attitude rooted in compassionate service, collaborative spirit, creative inspiration, and grounded practicality.
More recently, Amber has deepened into studies of archetypal, evolutionary, Hellenistic, and fixed star astrologies, which have increasingly become a focal point in individual Transpersonal Sessions, often in conjunction with dreamwork.
For further information regarding availability for events, speaking engagements, or other services, contact Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, you can visit:
“Years of holding sacred space for others combined with 20+ years of training in psychospiritual techniques, indigenous ceremonial apprenticing, and professional experience practicing deeply empathetic reflective listening, unconditional positive regard, and mindful presence coalesce to offer my clients a nurturing place to heal, explore, and grow.
I hold myself to high standards for my own continued growth and development and actively engage in constant continued education. I am a perpetual student, always seeking new ways to improve what I can offer to my clients and projects.
If you are curious about exploring the transpersonal dimensions of your life, contact me for a free consultation.”